I have no idea what I'm doing.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Compiz Fusion and VMware Workstation 7 not playing nice

On a default install of Ubuntu 9.10, with 3D acceleration enabled on VMware, Compiz Fusion is not working.  :( 
"Desktop effects could not be enabled"
So it's either troubleshoot this or look at Virtual Box....



[UPDATE] I finally broke down and read the help file...  I stumbled upon this gem:
Under the section Support for Direct3D Graphics: 
Prepare a Virtual Machine for Accelerated 3-D
Before you begin, make sure the guest operating system is Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7.

Isn't that swell.

[UPDATE Jan 11, 2010] Fixed performance problems, see my latest post here:
http://orsontyrell.blogspot.com/2010/01/better-performance-with-compiz-fusion.html

No comments:

Post a Comment